I’ve been busy writing informational posts lately and almost lost sight of the fact that this is a food blog after all. So, to get your creative juices stirred I offer you this simple but very delicious meal composed of pork meatballs, Nupasta (low carb pasta alternative that had 6g of carbs which are all dietary fibre) , green beans, roasted garlic and grape tomatoes all in a spicy tahini sauce.
- 1lbs Ground Pork
- 1 Egg
- 3tsp Chinese Spice
- 3 Pickles
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Pepper
- 1tbs Butter
- 2 tbs Rice Vinegar
- Finely chop celery and pickle and add to ground pork. Integrate all spices and the egg into the mixture.
- Form small meatballs with your hands.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan and place your meatballs into the pan. Make sure there is enough space in between the meatballs, don't crowd them.
- Turn each meatball once it has browned a bit.
- Turn down the heat, add rice vinegar and let sit covered for about 5 minutes.
When I was trying to decide what type of vegetables to add to my meal, these two were a “no brainer”. Pasta is usually served in some type of tomato sauce, but since I had none and was not going to settle on a store bought type, roasted grape tomatoes were an easy alternative. And green beans… well you can never go wrong with green beans and they added a beautiful splash of contrasting colour to my dish.
To make this meal even more scrumptious I tossed the pasta in my Spicy Tahini Sauce that I also made over the weekend. Yes, my weekends are still productive because I do enjoy having some ready to go things in the fridge that I use as needed throughout the week. Those things are usually flavour enhancing items, like this off the hook delicious Spicy Tahini Sauce.
- 8.4tbs Tahini
- ½ cup Water
- 4.2tbs Olive Oil
- 2tbs Coconut Puré
- 2tbs Lemon Juice
- 2tbs Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½tsp Salt or more to taste
- ½tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Black Pepper
- Process all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Add more water to get the desired consistency.
- Put in a jar and store in the fridge.
- You might find the sauce will thicken in the fridge, so you can add more water prior to use.
And that’s a wrap for a very quick and delicious meal that awaited my other half today. He was quite pleased with it as he had not taken any lunch with him. And what’s even better, he said he felt OK without food throughout the day – that’s what being in ketosis will do to you, because you are accessing your bodyfat for fuel.